Advancing Civil Liberties For Decades. A Proven Advocate For Everyday Citizens.
The U.S. Constitution guarantees certain civil rights. Unfortunately, the very people tasked with protecting these rights are often the ones violating them.
Erickson & Oppenheimer, LTD, has aggressively and successfully defended our clients and the U.S. Constitution for decades. We have secured tens of millions of dollars in damages for our civil rights clients. We hold police and civil institutions accountable.
Located in Chicago, our lawyers help individuals throughout the country protect their civil liberties and file Section 1983 claims. You can call us at 877-505-1924 for a free consultation to learn more.
Fearless Civil Rights Advocates
Attorneys Jon Erickson and Michael Oppenheimer have each represented hundreds of clients in federal court in civil rights cases. No case is too complex, and no government entity or agency is too big for us to take on. The firm’s experience includes:
- Violations caused by excessive force and police brutality, as well as police shootings
- Compensation for injuries or death caused while in jail, prison or police custody
- Obtaining damages for people wrongfully convicted of crimes
- Individuals who were falsely arrested and maliciously prosecuted
- Fourth Amendment violations regarding unlawful search and seizure
- Crimes committed against individuals due to their race, religion, sexual orientation or other hate-related motivating factors
Jon Erickson and Michael Oppenheimer are highly skilled trial attorneys. They have each been recognized by National Trial Lawyers as two of the Top 100 trial lawyers in the country. This distinction is only offered to attorneys who have made great achievements at trial and are established leaders in their communities.
If Your Civil Rights Were Violated, You Are Entitled To Compensation
The first thing people ask when they contact our firm is whether they have a civil rights claim. If your civil rights were violated by a government actor — such as a police officer — you may be entitled to compensation.
Our attorneys will meet with you — for free — to review your situation and explain your rights. If you have a claim, we will aggressively pursue it. Contact us today at 877-505-1924 to schedule a consultation.